1. They hadn't been out for long __________ she felt sick in the stomach.
A. as B. when C. while D. though
2. The work should be given to _____________ you think can finish it ahead of time.
A. who B. whom C. whoever D. whomever
3. The shop owner will get all these goods ordered ___________ to the customers today.
A. to deliver B. delivering C. deliver D. delivered
4. Can you ____________ the differences between the two pictures?
A. tell B. talk C. speak D. say
5. If you keep practicing your son in football, he ___________ to be a football player.
A. wants B. hopes C. wishes D. promises
6. __________ singer and ___________ dancer is also good at drawing.
A. The; a B. The; the C. A; a D. The; /
7. __________ the fact that there was thick fog, he drove his car out.
A. Although B. No matter C. Despite D. In spite
8. Mary smiled _____________ her mother did when she was Mary's age.
A. as if B. what C. the way D. that
9. In such dry weather, the flower will have to be watered if they _____________.
A. have survived B. are to survive C. would survive D. will survive
10. You should make it a rule to leave things ______________ you can find them again easily.
A. when B. where C. that D. in the place
11. The cloth ___________ fine, but _____________ well.
A. looks; doesn't wash B. looks; isn't washed
C. is looked; doesn't wash D. is looked; isn't washed
12. The theory that he stuck _____________ true.
A. to prove B. proved C. to proved D. to proving
13. I ___________ from the crowed an old friend of mine whom I hadn't seen for 10 years.
A. figured out B. picked out C. gave out D. went out
14. -Who gave you this message?
--A man ___________ himself Mr Zhang.
A. called B. calls C. is called D. calling
15. The police got to _______________ was once an old yard that the workers used as a store.
A. what B. where C. that D. which
16. The door ______________. Better have it repaired.
A. isn't shut B. hasn't been shut C. won't be shut D. won't shut
17. If you want to see a doctor, you'd better make an appointment with him. This is a common ___________ in the USA.
A. sense B. practice C. habit D. attitude
18. You can come to the dance ___________ you dress.
A. whatever B. whichever C. whether D. however
19. We got near a garden, ______________ owner sitting in it.
A. its B. whose C. that D. which
20. They lost their way in the forest and ______________ made matters worse was that night began to fall.
A. it B. that C. what D. which