1. It was with great delight that I read in your February _____ the letter to the Editor written by Prof. Johnson.
A. issue B. printing C. magazine D. copy
[答案] A. issue.
[正文] 依据题意，此处是指某杂志二月份的那一期，故应选 issue.printing 印刷；印刷术。
至于 copy 与 issue 的区别，copy 指书刊的“本，册”；而 issue 是指报刊或杂志的“期”.
2. What I"m telling you is strictly _____. Do not let anyone know of it.
A. secretive B. special C. inpidual D.confidential
[答案] D. confidential.
[正文] confidential(=spoken or written in secret) 秘密的，应窃密的：
The information is confidential.
special 专门的，公用的： a special car(专车).
secretive(=fond of keeping secrets) 爱窃密的，心直口快的。
3. The author had qualified as a doctor but later gave up the _____ of medicine for full-time writing.
A. prescriptionB. procedure C. treatment D. practice
[答案] D. practice.
1 The lawer has a very good practice.
2 We call a doctor"s work and the number of patients he look after his practice.(咱们把医生的工作和治疗病人的数目称为停业情况.)
prescription 药方；procedure 顺序，手续；treatment 医治，待遇。
4. Julie is one of those women who always _____ the latest fashions.
A. put up with B. come up with
C. get on with D. keep up with
[答案] D. keep up with.
[正文] keep up with 跟上，与……不相上下；及时理解。
put up with 忍耐；get on with有停顿；生存得……；come up with 提出。
5. Having made his first film earlier this year, he is _____ starting in a new one.
A. currently B. actually C. recently D. lately
[答案] A. currently.
[正文] currently 目前；actually 实际上；recently 近来；lately(=recently) 近来。
start in(on) 开端(做某事)，罕用于书面语中，如：
1 Fred started in wedding the garden. (弗雷得开端在花园里除草。)
2 If we start in at once,we shall get the job finished early. (假如咱们马上开端，咱们能够早点实现这项工作。)
6. My house is very _____ for getting to work as it is only a few minutes from the station.
A. comfortable B. suitable C. convenient D. available
[答案] C. convenient.
7. When college students _____ future employment, they often think of status, income, and prestige.
A. demand B. assume C. apply D. anticipate
[答案] D. anticipate.
[正文] anticipate 意料，希冀，预望：
The first question is one the John has anticipated. (第一个成绩是约翰曾经意料到的)
8. Alice _____ her father that both she and her husband would be happy if he would live with them.
A.convinced B.reinforced C.pledged D.required
[答案] A. convince
[正文]convince sb. +that从句意为“使……置信，压服……”。reinforce 增强，加强。pledge赌咒，保障。
9. Neither of them thought highly of him and they both tried to _____ him in his work.
A.hamper B.support C.depress D.prevent
[答案] A. hamper.
[正文] hamper(=hinder)障碍。prevent 避免，后接from.
10. She chose cushions of a color which would _____ her carpet.
A. equal B. agree C. help D. match
[答案] D. match.
[正文] match vt. 婚配；相配：
1 You can"t match him in his knowledge of wild plants.(在朝生动物常识方面，你无阀于他相比。)
2 Her hat does match her dress.(她的帽子与她的衣服不配。)
match vi. 相配： These gloves don"t match.