1. Circus tigers, although they have been tamed, can _____ attack their trainer.
A. unexpectedly B. deliberately
C. reluctantly D. subsequently
He unexpectedly failed to get the job.(他出人意料没有失去这件工作。)
又如：We met each other unexpectedly. (咱们萍水相逢。)
I believe the house was deliberately set fire to.(我置信这房子是有人成心放火烧的。)
She agreed, very reluctantly, to help. (她非常不愿意地赞同帮忙。)
He escaped from prison but was subsequently recaptured. (他越狱逃跑了，但起初又被抓回来。)
2. Stressful environments lead to unhealthy behaviors such as poor eating habits, which _____ increase the risk of heart disease.
A. in turn B. in return C. by chance D. by turns
[答案]A. in turn.
[正文]in turn (拔出语)转而，顺次，而又：
We need revision of estimated sales and this, in turn , will mean revision in production schedule. (咱们必需修正估计销量，而这反过去又意为着修订消费方案。)
in return 作为回报：
I wish I could do something for you in return. (我要是能为你做点事作为报答就好了。)
I gave him a present but he gave me nothing in return.（我送给他一份礼物，可他却什么也不给我作为答谢。）
by chance (=by accident)偶尔地；有意中：
I meet him by chance on Fifth Avenue.(我偶尔在第5大巷上遇到他。)
by turns 轮番地，顺次：
There were twelve of us in the boat and we rowed by turns.(船上有12人，咱们轮番划船。)
3. The patients believe that the doctor knows exactly how to put them _____.
A. correct B. perfect C. right D. well
[正文]put sth. /sb. right 纠正；治好，使恢复衰弱：
Since man has done so much damage, it is up to man to put the matters right. (既然人类已造成了如此微小的侵害，人类就必需纠正这种情况。)
又如：This medicine will soon put you right. (这药很快会使你恢复衰弱。)其余3个抉择均不能与put 形成习语，故不能当选。
4. They decided to leave the waiter a big _____ because the food and service had been excellent.
A. note B. reward C. tip D. gift
5. And you find that you"re not to be _____ with a position of real responsibility.
A. offered B. trusted C. furnished D. retained
[正文]trust sb. with sth. 把某事拜托给某人：
I can"t trust him with my car.(我不能把我的车拜托给他。)
6. There was a good _____ of the countryside from the front of the bus.
A. sight B. view C. scene D. scenery
It is a large room with a view of the doctor"s well-kept garden. (这是一间大房间，从房间里能看到医生精心治理的花园。)
7. In aerospace devices the weight of the necessary power producing equipment is _____.
A. vital B. possible C. capable D. reliable
8. This album is _____ as it was the only one ever signed by the President.
A. unusual B. unique C. rare D. special
[正文]unique(某一类中)举世无双的。如选unusual(不寻常的，共同的)，尽管也说得过来，但毫无疑难，unique是最佳抉择，由于它的前面the only one相响应。
They went to London on a special train.[他们搭一班专车（或加班车）去伦敦。]
9. Trains stop here in order to _____ passengers only.
A. get off B. pick up C. pull up D. pull in
[答案]B. pick up
[正文]pick up passages(接运旅客上车。)
pull in(火车)进站；（船）靠岸；pull up停车；get off下车。
10. He _____ the place where he had been bitten by an insect.
A. snatched B. scratched C. squeezed D. stretched
[正文]scratch抓，搔。此外，有一罕用习语：scratch one"s head over sth.对某事疑惑不解，搔头皮。