1. "Who is responsible for sending out misinformation?"
"Most of the fault lies _____ the administration."
A. in B. to C. on D. with
1)The responsibility lies with the driver.(责任应由这个司机承当。)
2)It lies with you to accept or reject he the proposal.(承受还是回绝这项倡议由你决议。)
1)The difficulty lies in their great poverty.(艰难在于他们十分贫穷。)
2)the solution lies in social and political reform.(处理办法在于社会政治变革。)
2. People who live in a small village are bound to see a good _____ of each other.
A. sum B. quantity C. deal D. amount
[正文]see a good deal of each other 常常见面。
3. Maria _____ missed the first train so as to travel on the same one as John.
A. deliberately B. intensively
C. decisively D. objectively
[正文]deliberately(=on purpose, intentionally)成心地；居心地。
4. They always kept on good _____ with their next-door neighbors for the children"s sake.
A. friendship B. relations C. intentions D. terms
[正文]keep (be) on good terms with与......不和相处。
5. Do you think a wife should _____ her habits and tastes to those of her husband?
A. comply B. confirm C. consent D. conform
All the students must conform to the rules.(整体先生必需恪守规章。)
conform sth. to sth. else(vt)使合乎：
He conformed the plans to the new specifications.(他使这些集合合乎新标准。)
comply with恪守；confirm使坚决，确认，证明；consent (to)赞同，同意。
6. He was afraid that the branch might bend over and break, and he would be sent _____ to the ground.
A. crashing B. throwing C. rushing D. dropping
[正文]crash(to the ground)猛跌（到地上）。Crash n.
常指飞机等的“失事”，如：He was killed in an aircraft crash.(他在飞机失事中丧生。)本句中用falling不妥，fall指“落下，掉下”，自身并不强调落下的速度，而crash使“猛跌”，故本题用crashing最佳。
7. High interest rates _____ people from borrowing money.
A. discourage B. decrease C. disturb D. disgust
[正文]discourage sb. from doing sth.使以为某事不值得做：Tht wet weather discouraged people from going to the sports meeting.(下雨天使人感觉不值得去看静止会。)
8. Despite their good service, most inns are less costly than hotels of _____ standards.
A. equivalent B. uniform C. alike D. likely
[正文]equivalent相等的，相当的：He exchanged his pounds for the equivalent amount of dollars. uniform 相反的,一样的。Likely adj.很可能的，有心愿的。Alike(表语描述词)相反的，相象的。
9. The two things are the same in outward form but different _____.
A. in addition B. in brief C. in common D. in essence
[答案]D. in essence.
[正文]in essence实质上；in addition此外；in brief冗长地，简言之；in common独特。
10. _____ it is a good thing I did not get the post I had applied for, though I must admit that I was disappointed at the time.
A. By the way B. In a way C. In the way D. In no way
[答案]B. In a way.
[正文]in a way(-to some extent)在某种水平上；in no way决不；by the way 顺便提一下；in the way 碍事。此题不能选by the way，由于by the way 做拔出语其后应加逗号。