2. M: How many students passed the final physics exam in your class?
W: Forty. But still as many as 20 percent of the class failed. Quite disappointing, isn’t it?
Q: What does the woman think the exam?
3. W: Lots of people enjoy dancing, do you?
M: Believe it or not, that’s the last thing I’d ever want to do.
Q: What does the man mean?
4. W: Jim, I’m having difficulty with all the theoretical stuff we are getting in our computer course.
M: Oh, that part I understand. What I can’t figure out is how to make it work in my program.
Q: What is the man’s problem?
5. W: Did you see Mary somewhere around?
M: Yes. She’s in the campus bank applying for a student loan.
Q: What was Mary doing?
6. W: The space shuttle is taking off tomorrow.
M: I know. This is another routine mission. Its first flight was 4 years ago.
Q: What are they talking about?
7. W: When are we supposed to submit our project proposals, Jane?
M: They are due by the end of the week. We’ve only 2 days left. We’ll just have to hurry.
Q: What does the woman mean?
8. W: When I go on a diet, I eat only fruit and that takes off weight quickly.
M: I prefer to eat whatever I want, and then run regularly to lose weight.
Q: How does the man control his weight?
注：减肥：takes off weight, lose weight
9. W: John, can you tell me what in the book interested you most?
M: Well, nothing specific. But I liked it overall.
Q: What did the man think of the book?
10. W: How do you like the car I just bought?
M: Well, it seems to run well, but I think it needs a new paint job.
Q: What does the man think about the car?