1. I’m just a b _ _ _ _ _ _ because I started to learn the piano one month ago.
2. Will you m _ _ _ to Shanghai with your parents next week?
3. You must be c _ _ _ _ _ _ crossing the road.
4. The food t _ _ _ _ _ delicious.You are a great cook.
5. My mom isn’t feeling well so I will take her to the h _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
One night a young American doctor was sleeping at home when his doorbell began to ring. When he
opened the door he saw a man ___1__ outside.
“Excuse me, Docor,” said the man, “Can you come at once to my place out of town. It’s quite far
but you have a car and I can __2__ you the way.”
“Certainly,” said the doctor, “ I’m ready. I’ll come soon.” __3__ a few minutes, the car came.
The man got into the car and they __4__ off.
They drove for a __5__ time, and then the man said,” Here we are. This is my home. Now I can pay
you and you can go __6__ to town.”
“But I must __7__ the patient,” the doctor said. “Where’s the patient?”
“There’s __8__ patient,” answered the man. “Nobody is ill. I live here, you see, and I must__9__
home from the town. There are no taxis at this time of the night. Here’s the money for you. Thank you,
doctor. Good __10__!”
1. A.listening B.standing C.sitting D.watching
2. A.take B.pass C.see D.show
3. A.after B.for C.in D.with
4. A.drove B.left C.got D.went
5. A.short B.long C.hard D.late
6. A.away B.quickly C.back D.slowly
7. A.watch B.look for C.see D.know
8. A.my B.no C.a D.your
9. A.go B.lose C.find D.ask
10. A.evening B.night C.idea D.for you