1. I will g______ from the primary school in several months.
2. Is the monkey more c______ than the elephant?
3. S______ is the first day of a week in western countries.
4. The children are p______ for the party.
5. Do you think it is good for a______ to live in the zoo?
Mr Robinson worked in Africa. His son was born there. His name was John. One winter Mr and Mrs Robinson went England, and they took John there. John was seven years old then. One day it snowed. The boy went into the garden, and he played in the snow. He said,”Snow is very beautiful, but it is very cold.” Then he said,” What is this? It is a big, round piece of glass. It is beautiful, but it is very cold, too.” But it was not glass. It was ice. It was on a bucket(桶)of water. John said,”Who put this glass here? I am going to take it into the house.” He took the ice to his father and said,” This is a beautiful piece of glass, but it is very cold and wet. It was on a bucket of water in the garden. Mr Robinson smiled and said,”Take it to the kitchen, put it in front of the stove there, and dry it.” The boy took the ice to the kitchen and put it in front of the stove. He dried his hands, because they were very cold and wet, and then he went to the ice again. He looked at it, and then he took it to his father again. He said,” I put this glass in front of the stove, but it does not get drier. It becomes wetter and smaller.”
1. John didn’t know what the ice was, because____.
A.he was very foolish B.he was young
C.he was born in Africa D.he didn’t go to school
2. One winter Mr and Mrs Robinson went England with ____.
A.their son B.a boy of their friends
C.their daughter D.one of their friend’s son
3. One day John found ____ on a bucket of water.
A.a piece of glass B.a piece of ice
C.some snow D.some water
4. What did Mr Robinson ask John to do?
A.He asked John to take the ice out.
B.He asked John to put the ice in front of the stove.
C.He asked John not to play with ice.
D.He asked John to dry his hands at once.
5. After John put the ice in front of the stove, he found that it became _____.
A.dry B.wetter C.bigger D.colder